So many business owners are everything in their business. You are the CEO, CFO, CMO, CIO, and CBW (Chief Bottle Washer). As we covered in our last blog post, you can find time to do activities that market your business and we provided a list of 8 to do in 45 minutes or less. If you haven’t had a chance to read it you should.
As we covered, it is tough to find time to market your business appropriately, so we made another list. Who doesn’t love lists? It is the minimum number of things you need to market your business in today’s digital world.
- Website- to be considered a “real” business in today’s world you need a website. It could be a simple landing page or a more complicated e-commerce site, but you definitely need one. There are plenty of services out there that will help you get a free one (did you see Wix’s superbowl ad? It’s that easy.) or you can hire an agency like H2H Consulting to create it for you. Keep in mind that the site needs to have a responsive design or Google will punish you in their search rankings. Responsive means that it adjusts to the different screens users are viewing on–that means mobile. If you have been in business for a while, you may want to examine whether or not your site is responsive so pull it up on your smartphone and see what happens.
- Social Media Presence- whether you like it or not, you are on social media because your clients and customers are on social media and they may be mentioning you. So, you should have pages or groups or at least listings on all the major social media networks and here’s a check list with links to previous posts or other instructions on how to set them up. You can also check out our full listing here.
- LinkedIn– If you are B2B this is a powerful tool. If you are B2C you need to be here for recruiting at a minimum.
- Facebook– Depending on your demographic, it can be more important that you think, but you need to have a page just simply due to the size of the organization.
- Twitter– This network can be smaller but a lot of influential people are there, so you need to be there too.
- Google+– Google runs the world when it comes to search, so be sure to be out on their own social media site.
- YouTube– If you have videos, be sure you have your own channel. Not only would I have a YouTube site, but check out Vimeo too and be on both.
- Pintrest– Infographics, craft ideas and more are all over this site, check it out and see if it is for you.
- Be found locally- There are a ton of business listings online from Yelp to yellowpages.com, to mapquest. Make sure you own your business on all these sites. A quick and easy way to see how up to date your information is, check out your business here in our search tool. If there are errors, we can fix it easily and inexpensively for you. So be sure to contact us about it if you have questions.
As we stated, this is the minimum number of things you should be doing in today’s digital world. There are a lot more things that you may want to do to be competitive and be found by potential clients and customers and that is all to be determined by your marketing strategy.
If you are looking to find out if you are doing enough for your marketing efforts or are interested in building your business with a marketing strategy, reach out to Kendra Corman at firstname.lastname@example.org or give our office a call at 248-923-1424.
The post What should you be doing online as a minimum for your business? appeared first on H2H Marketing Blog.
Source: H2H Consulting Blog